WellSpace Health, formerly known as The Effort, a Federally Qualified Health Center, was established in 1953. Our doctors currently provide health care in our various community health centers. WellSpace Health also offers inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment and our therapists offer mental health counseling. In addition, our physicians and medical staff offer pregnancy and midwife services.
WellSpace Health operates the area's only 24 hour Suicide Crisis Line as well as a 24 hour Parent Support Line.
24-Hour Suicide Prevention Hotline
(916) 368-3111 or (800) 273-TALK (8255)
WellSpace Health accepts some medical insurance, including Medi-Cal and Medicare
Our dedicated and extensively trained volunteers are available to parents, grandparents raising grandkids, and any other caregivers of children who may be in crisis, seeking information or resources, or just need someone to listen and to provide encouragement when it's most needed.
Multiple locations in Sacramento: http://www.wellspacehealth.org/pdfs/health_care_service_matrix.pdf
WellSpace Health’s behavioral health and prevention services are vital to our commitment to provide comprehensive care to patients. Through our Integrated Behavioral Health Program, we offer a broad spectrum of behavioral health services that are integrated into your program of care in order to address co-occurring conditions.
We are here for you. WellSpace Health’s behavioral health and psychiatric staff possess the specialized training and experience to help you deal with the changes, challenges and crises of life.
WellSpace Health’s Children’s Mental Health program provides mental health counseling services to children ages 0-20. Our therapists provide services in school and office settings along with in-home services when appropriate.
Our counseling and mental health services include:
- Individual counseling for children, adolescents, adults, couples and families
- Group counseling for adults and families
- Psychiatry & medication management
- Mental health evaluations
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Family advocate to help with your child’s IEP, attend meetings and provide support
- Strategies for Change – a division of WellSpace Health
Our prevention services include:
- Sacramento Violence Intervention Program (SVIP)
- Suicide Prevention and Crisis Line