In-Home Tutoring for Special Needs Students in San Jose and Silicon Valley
Study Wizards is a Five-Star Yelp-rated, private, in-home tutoring service with a strong focus on helping children with special needs along with their families. We believe every student can succeed with the right support. Parents continually tell us about their children’s successes and how much our tutors have helped them to approach school with confidence. Your child will be carefully matched with an experienced and caring tutor. Study Wizards is committed to working closely with you to ensure your child’s continual progress in achieving his or her academic goals.
Special Needs Tutoring from Our Professional Team
Study Wizards' caring tutors are trained and experienced in assisting the academic needs of students with special needs.
Assessments, therapy, and advocacy can be provided for the following:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders including Autism; Asperger Syndrome; and Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)
- Specific Learning Disorder (SLD)
- Auditory and Visual Processing Disorders
- Nonverbal Learning Disabilities (NLD/NVLD)
- Academic Tutoring --- all subjects - elementary to high school
- Study Skills & Executive Function Skills Tutoring-- Our tutors also focus on building and strengthening organizational skills, time management and task and assignment completion.
A Strong Record of Improving the Academic Performance of Our Students
- Satisfied Families --- We have many satisfied parents continuing with us year after year because of their children’s successes. And we are pleased that so many of them not only have us tutor their student’s siblings but also refer us to their friends and neighbors.
- High-Caliber Educators … Getting Results --- Parents know that they can count on us to equip their students with the tools and strategies they need to boost their academic performance.
Tutors with Excellent Academic Backgrounds and Strong Subject Expertise
- Our Tutors are Wizards --- Many of our tutors are graduates of top universities, including Stanford and UC Berkeley, and have advanced degrees and/or teaching credentials. They are extremely knowledgeable about the subjects they tutor and use their expertise to effectively help students with their educational needs.
How We Partner with You to Support Your Child
- We carefully match a tutor with your child --- We offer you a free initial consultation. To select a tutor, our Academic Director, Michael Goldstein will review your concerns and your student’s needs and goals as well as his or her academic strengths, challenges, and learning style.
- We develop a strong ongoing relationship --- An effective relationship with you is essential. Your child’s tutor, along with our academic director, will continually monitor your student’s progress and provide you with feedback. We also welcome your input and observations.
How Will Study Wizards Work with Your child?
- Strong mentors, motivators and role models --- An experienced and caring tutor who is dedicated to motivating learning will work with your child to support them to be more successful. Our tutors strive to inspire their students to reach their full potential. They build rapport with both their students and the families to develop effective relationships. Our tutors also adapt to different learning styles and personalities by using a variety of teaching methods and modalities to meet the needs of each student for achieving their goals.
- Homework and preparation for tests becomes easier --- Your child will receive personal attention and mentorship to establish trust and develop motivation. The tutor will also work to overcome learning obstacles, making it easier for your child to finish homework and be ready for tests.
- Build skills and self-confidence --- They strive to instill and strengthen creative thinking, critical reasoning, and self-direction — encouraging the inspiration and self-confidence needed to fulfill academic and lifelong goals.
Leadership Team Backgrounds
- Michael Goldstein, Study Wizards Academic Director and Co-Founder - Mr. Goldstein has been a teacher and a longtime tutor himself, with a diverse background in education and business — both of which have been essential to the development and management of Study Wizards. Mr. Goldstein is dedicated and committed to working with families to ensure that tutoring helps their students succeed. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from UC Berkeley, where he was a California State Scholar and later attended Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Sheila Rosenberg, Study Wizards Team Educational Consultant - Mrs. Rosenberg is a graduate of St. Johns University, Hofstra University, and State University of New York; her degrees and licenses from New York State include Elementary Education, Reading, Special Education, School Administration, and School Psychology. She has also actively participated in the Reading and Writing Workshop at Columbia University Teachers College. Mrs. Rosenberg has worked for more than 35 years developing her craft as an educator and teacher.
Offices in Campbell, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Morgan Hill, San Jose, Santa Clara, Saratoga, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Portola Valley, and various East Bay locations