Perhaps the greatest source of anxiety for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder is how their child will transition into adulthood. We’ve combined the most successful therapeutic models and the latest evidence-based principles into a curriculum with an unsurpassed level of individual focus and care that enables each student to progress toward a purposeful, self-sustaining future to the best of their ability.
What makes us unique:
- Internationally respected leadership with expertise in unique clinical approaches and life-skills development.
- Each student’s team of clinicians, teachers, and student-life staff collaborate closely to address the student’s issues quickly and reinforce therapies and learning paths, so that the student progresses more rapidly.
- Classroom staff-to-student ratio of 2:1, and overall ratio during academic hours of greater than 1:1.
- Equipped to serve young adults, ages 14 – 22, on the autism spectrum who face complex challenges and have high personal attention needs.
- Individualized Education Programs (IEP) developed, student-by-student, with collaboration of parents, educators, professional advisors, and staff.
- Independence, life skills, and career/vocational competencies developed on a student-by-student basis to nurture the highest level of abilities that each student can achieve.
- A variety of activities on- and off-campus that support social interaction, community involvement, and vocational learning.
- The most advanced technology-infused facilities in the world set on 127 wooded acres one hour from New York City, where students have an array of opportunities for recreation, sports, agriculture, therapy animals, hiking, arts, culture, crafts, technology, and more.
- State-of-the-art security systems incorporated into the buildings and grounds to ensure the safety and security of every student.