Good day and welcome to my website!
I am a licensed clinical psychologist who has specialized in the area of Neuropsychology for the past 37 years. My practice is based on the Monterey Peninsula. My areas of expertise include:
1) Dementia and Memory disorders: Assessment and consultation with elders, their family members, care providers and attorneys regarding issues about memory, cognitive function, and capacity determination.
2) Traumatic Brain Injury: Assessment, cognitive rehab, counseling and coaching to compensate for changes in cognitive function due to injury. I perform diagnostic and forensic evaluations, workers comp and disability assessments.
Patients who may benefit from evaluation are those with:
- Concerns regarding competency for financial and health care decision-making
- Changes in memory abilities/Stroke, heart attack, or other vascular events
- Broader behavior and cognitive status changes suggestive of dementia
- Questions as to whether dementia vs. depression is producing memory and cognitive problems, and whether the causes can be treated
- Head injuries, ranging from mild concussion to serious traumatic brain injury
- Near-drowning, electric shock, or other hypoxia or anoxic brain damage
- Brain tumor or seizure disorder/Exposure to toxic substances/Alcoholism or substance abuse
- Unexplained sudden change in cognitive or psychiatric status
- Other neurological disorders, to document impairment and/or progression (i.e.,MS, Parkinson's Disease)