Milpitas Recreation Services is dedicated to providing endless opportunities for the community to have recreational, healthful and educational experiences. Milpitas Recreation provides services for all age groups (young children to senior citizens), through the various programs offered. Programs include Pre-K, after school care, Center Stage Theatre, year-round swim team, Summer swim lessons, special interest classes, adult fitness and sports programs, and Senior day trips and lunch programs.
Case Management Services
Lechi Nguyen, Case Manager, is available by appointment ONLY on weekdays to assist seniors and the disabled in the following areas:
Social Services: Medicare, Medi-Cal, Social Security, SSI, Health Insurance, Medical bills
Housing : Low income housing, Nursing Homes, Care Homes Placement
Citizenship & Immigration Problems
Food: Brown bag, Food Vouchers (from The Salvation Army), CalFresh (Food Stamps), Meals on Wheels
Care Giving: Adult Day Care, In Home Care
Low Income Telephone Program: Lifeline, California Telephone Access Program (Devices for People With Impairments)
PG&E Bill Assistance: H.E.A.P. & Care Program, Weatherization Program
Social Services Presentations
Additional Senior Services
The following services are available at the Senior Center on a regular basis:
- Blood Pressure Readings (Tuesday – Friday, 10:00AM – 12:00PM
- Health Insurance Counseling (HICAP) Call (408) 586-3400 for an appointment.
- Legal Services (SALA) 2nd & 4th Wednesday, 10:00AM – 12:00PM. Call (408) 586-3400 for an appointment.
- Outreach Transportation.
- PG&E Payment Assistance Programs.
- Project Match (housing) Call (408) 287-7121 for an appointment.
- Loan Closet (loan of walkers, wheel chairs, etc).
- AARP Free Tax Appointments (February-mid-April).