There is a real sense of family at Kittredge School
It shows up on the playground as teachers play ball with students. It can be seen on the faces of the older students as they help the younger students with their reading. It is evidenced in the way that the school supports eighth grade students and their families as they gain admission to high school.
Located on Lake Street in San Francisco’s Richmond district, the school provides a strong academic program in a safe, nurturing environment. Established over 70 years ago, Kittredge has a proven track record of academic success while fostering a real family atmosphere throughout the school. Toward this end, a strong emphasis is placed on communication between home and school.
- The student to faculty ratio is 8:1
- average class size is 14 students
- All classroom teachers are fully credentialed
- Small classes enable an individualized academic program.
- Highest level of accreditation from the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA)
- Spanish instruction 3 times per week
- Habits of Mind integrated across the curriculum, at all grade levels
- Art classes and music classes are provided once each week
- Daily physical education program emphasizing individual skills and team sports
Kittredge students integrate academics with their lives by engaging in various extracurricular activities provided by the school and by its active Parents Association.
Seventh and eighth grade students share in a week-long experience at the Yosemite Institute, participating in the Institute’s hands-on science, geography, geology and history program while learning about themselves and each other. A variety of sports are offered at various levels, including varsity teams that compete against other schools. Afternoon acting classes, voice lessons, a science club, study halls and an extended day program all help establish the feeling of a second family at school.
member Inclusive Schools Group
keywords: elementary, middle school