Jodi House is a community-based nonprofit with two unique programs:
- Clubhouse Day Program
- Family & Caregiver Support Program
Who can benefit from Jodi House?
- Survivors of traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Survivors of stroke, aneurysms, and tumors
- Survivors of hypoxic/anoxic brain injury
- Survivors of other types of acquired brain injury (ABI)
- Families, caregivers, friends, and supporters of brain injury survivors
We are dedicated to the memory of Jodi Wustman and to all those who experience similar challenges as a result of acquired brain injury. There is no other organization like it in Santa Barbara County
Jodi House is a Service Provider for the State of California
Jodi House Brain Injury Support Center of Santa Barbara is one of seven sites statewide to receive State of California funding from the Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) for serving adults with traumatic brain injury (TBI). This funding allows Jodi House to further provide its core services, including:
- Supported Living Services – provide a variety of training, support and supervision to maximize independence where the participant is living.
- Community Reintegration Services – maximize independent functioning with the goal of living in the community and participating in community life by increasing participant access to housing, medical care, transportation, education, recovery programs, and personal assistance.
- Vocational Supportive Services – include prevocational and educational services to individuals who are unserved or underserved by existing vocational rehabilitation services.
- Information and Referral – includes services providing information on TBI to individuals, family members, caregiver, service providers and other stakeholders. This includes referrals to TBI service or other community resources.
- Public and Professional Education – designed to facilitate early identification of persons with brain injury, prompt referral of these persons to appropriate services, and improvement of the system of services available to them.
For further information on Department of Rehabilitation TBI Program Services, as well as the additional six TBI support sites, please see: http://www.rehab.cahwnet.gov/TBI/TBI-Services.html