At The Helix School, we nurture your child's capabilities
The Helix School nurtures the capabilities of children with autism and autism-like developmental challenges in a dynamic, relationship-based, interdisciplinary educational setting. Our integrated curriculum is tailored to our student’s developmental level, sensory processing differences, and emotional-regulatory needs. At THS, we emphasize motivation-based, kinesthetic and sensory-based learning. Take a look around and see what makes THS so unique!
The Uniqueness of Our Program Lies in How Highly Integrated We Are.
- Flexible enough to be responsive to each student's enthusiasm and developmental levels;
- Relationship-based for maximum effectiveness;
- Carefully balanced between academic and social-emotional emphasis to serve the whole child;
- Integrated across disciplines, with a high level of cross-staff collaboration, so learning is generalized and constantly reinforced throughout the day;
- Staffed with highly trained people who share a growth mindset focused on the strengths of students, families, and staff;
- Empowering for students, training them to advocate for themselves;
- Rooted in the most up-to-date research and best practices for our unique population;
- Dynamic and always improving.
Ms. McMorris has a Bachelor of Arts in Child Development from Spelman College. She is trained in TEACCH Autism Program and Kimochis: Social and Emotional Learning. She is also level 1 certified in Pivotal Response Training.
member Inclusive Schools Group
keywords: elementary, middle school, high school