Children's Health Council (CHC) has been helping children and families in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties as well as the greater San Francisco Bay Area for more than 60 years. Our mission is to remove barriers to learning, helping children and teens become resilient, happy, and successful at home, at school, and in life. CHC helps kids with ADHD, Learning Differences (LD), Anxiety & Depression, and Autism Spectrum Disorders by promoting Social Emotional Learning, Academics, Executive Functioning, and Physical Development.
CHC’s five major divisions include:
- The Center: Provides expert interdisciplinary evaluations, individualized treatment and personalized programs to meet every child’s unique challenges and needs.
- Sand Hill School: Works with bright K-8 children, with language-based learning differences such as dyslexia as well as attention and social challenges.
- Esther B. Clark School: Therapeutic day school providing transformative education for children in Grades 2-10 struggling with anxiety, depression or other emotional and behavioral challenges.
- The Community Clinic: Serves underserved families in Santa Clara County in both English and Spanish, ensuring cost isn’t a barrier to getting help. The Community Clinic has two offices, one at Children’s Health Council in Palo Alto and the other in San Jose.
- Parent, Teacher, and Professional Education: Offers unique classes onsite from September through May presented by CHC experts in psychology, education, and child development.
- Speech-Language Skills
- Social Skills
- Occupational Therapy
- Marriage & Family Therapy
- Executive Function Coaching
- Educational Therapy
- Medication Management
- Parent Education
- Teacher Education
- Professional Education
- Mental Health
- Assistive Technology
- Behavior Management
- Early Intervention
- Executive Function
- Parent Support
- Parent Training
- Parent Education
- Sensory Integration
Medi-Cal Clients Our Community Clinic is proud to partner with Santa Clara County to provide services to families covered by Medi-Cal insurance.
keywords: auditory processing, ADHD, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dyslexia, learning disabilities, autism
In collaboration with Stanford Children's Health, providing and Intensive Outpatient Program for teens age 13-18 using DBT.
keywords: RISE, IOP