CASANA is the national nonprofit organization representing the needs and interests of children with apraxia of speech and their families. The organization is the only nationsl 501(c)3 nonprofit group dedicated solely to children affected by apraxia of speech.
Online resources include:
- An extensive website which includes a Family Start Guide for parents of newly diagnosed
- A Start Guide for the the Speech-Language Pathologist as an overview of what is currently known
- A Spanish language section
- An extensive online library of webinars and articles by top experts
- E-Communities including messageboards for parents and professionals and an email discussion listserv (all moderated by staff to assure on-topic information), Facebook groups and page, Twitter site, Blog.
- Other services include educational workshops and awareness-building events, including a large summer conference and the Walk for Children with Apraxia of Speech
- Multi-media educational DVDs in its online store
- Research support in the form of grants for treatment related research