Learning Disability Specialist with training in strategies using technology for dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgrahica, Attention Deficit Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and slow learner. Use of colored overlays to assist with reading difficulties so students can read with fewer difficulties.
Services provided to clients with disabilities in the areas of:
- learning disabilities
- hearing impairments
- visual impairments
- mobility impairments
- alternate media needs.
Strategies are researched to meet the individual needs of the clients.
Assistive Technology trainings to learn:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice recognition)
- Kurzweil 3000 or OpenBook (document screen reading)
- Inspiration (brain storming for writing/study guides)
- Academic course work conversions (use of specialized applications-LecShare Pro & ABBYY PDF Transformer)
- ZoomText or WindowEyes (screen magnification)
- JAWS (document screen reader for the visually impaired)
Learning Disability Assessment (Achievement & Cognitive) for eligibility disability services and teaching strategies to meet the client’s needs.