Bricks 4 Kidz has multiple locations. Sunnvyvale location offers classes for special needs students and may have other support available. Contact for more information.
There are many educational, developmental, and social benefits to the BRICKS 4 KIDZ® approach:
- Follow step-by-step directions to complete a task. It is important not to rush through and miss a step. This is valuable for children and can help them develop the patience to follow step-by-step instructions in a classroom setting.
- Sequencing is an important skill in many learning processes and the motivational nature of this type of sequencing makes it fun for children, while the skill gained can easily translate to other environments.
- Fine motor skills are developed as children pick up and assemble the many small bricks, axles, gears and bushings.
- The spatial/relational thinking necessary to follow the project instructions taps into both the visual and kinesthetic learning styles of many children. Kinesthetic or tactile learners learn by doing. Also, playing with LEGO® Bricks is highly motivating, so children are more likely to retain information that is delivered in the context of something that interests them.
- Organizational skills are developed by keeping the bricks in their proper place. This is another skill that translates into every area of life. At school, at home, or in the workplace, people are more efficient if they can quickly and easily access the materials they need to complete a task.
- Completing a model with LEGO® bricks nurtures process-oriented thinking and helps children develop abstract thought to envision the project before it is complete.
- Social/emotional skills such as patience, communication and teamwork are exercised in the process of completing a build.
- Working through frustration to complete a project builds self-esteem.
- Working with a partner fosters teamwork and cooperation.
- The children learn about simple machines and develop an appreciation of how various structures are put together.