At Association for Chinese Families of the Disabled we offer
- Direct mental health services to children & their families
- Support for Chinese families who have children with disabilities.
- Individualized assistance to parent/consumer in preparing for an IEP could be provided upon request, this is not a regular service of the program.
- Workshops on the IEP process and advocacy training for parents are offered.
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter in Chinese and English
- Annual parent training conference
- Other activities throughout the year.
Our Goal and Objectives:
- To provide bilingual information, education, and support to Chinses families
who have children with disabilities;
- To disseminate information regarding appropriate community resources to
- To promote public awareness of individuals with special needs in our
- To promote advocacy and networking;
- To promote program development to fill unmet needs in the community;
- To promote outreach in the Chinese community through local media,
newspapers, and the Association's bi-monthly newsletters; and
- To raise funds for self-support.
ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMS The Association sponsors a number of annual activities, which include a Chinese New Year Potluck Luncheon a one-day Parent Conference, a summer field trip, and a fundraising event. The Association has plans to open an adult residential facility, which would serrre up to 6 individuals with developmental disabilities; there is also a plan to start an inclusive afterschool program, possibly in San Francisco. The Board of Directors holds bi-monthly meetings, which are open to the public.