A Theatre Troupe of Children with Different Abilities
To provide children with special needs who have abilities of any type and degree, ages 5-22, the opportunity to participate in an annual professional musical theatre production.
The secondary mission is to become a model for duplication to serve children with special needs in surrounding areas and nationwide.
Angels on Stage offers skills-based programs rooted in theatrical arts experiences that build friendships, independence, confidence, and self-esteem. Each program is designed to meet participants where they are, providing customized opportunities for success, growth, and meaningful interaction with peers, skilled adults, and the wider community. The AoS model demonstrates an inclusive and collaborative approach through five innovative programs:
- Super Stars—building social and personal skills through theatre-arts workshops and a single, low-intensity production at the end of the season
- Shining Stars—(Season 11 program is full) in addition to theatre-based workshops, this program includes a full week of tech rehearsals and a professional-grade production offered back-to-back over three days
- Buddy Coaches—(Season 11 program is full) typically-developing peers befriend, coach, and support the Angels while expanding their understanding of diversity and respect.
- Leadership Council—former Angels and adults with disabilities take on leadership roles that support our weekly program and season productions
- Rising Stars Community Outreach—AoS in the community, including the Illuminators traveling performing group
Volunteer with AoS
To volunteer with AoS please send an email with your interests and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/aos-angels-on-stage