The Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center (ADEAR Center) is a service of the National Institute on Aging (NIA). The NIA is part of the Federal Government's National Institutes of Health located in Bethesda, Maryland. Provides information about Alzheimer's disease, its impact on families and health professionals, and research into possible causes and cures.
The ADEAR Center has a staff of Information Specialists available to assist you with:
- Answers to your specific questions about AD
- Free publications about Alzheimer's and related dementias symptoms, diagnosis, related disorders, risk factors, treatment, caregiving tips, home safety tips, and research
- Referrals to local supportive services and Research Centers that specialize in research and diagnosis
- Spanish language resources
- Clinical trials information
- Training materials, guidelines, and news updates
Welcome to Alzheimers.gov, the government's portal for information on Alzheimer's disease and related dementias care, research, and support.
Basics of Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
Causes of Alzheimer’s Disease
Symptoms and Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease
Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer's and Dementia Resources for Professionals
Dementia Research and Clinical Trials