Abilities United is a not-for-profit organization for people with developmental (Down Syndrome, mental retardation, autism, and cerebral palsy) and other disabilities, who live in the Bay Area. Abilities United has been accredited by CARF, a national accreditation commission, since 1980.
Abilities United (formerly C.A.R. Community Association for Rehabilitation), offers services to infants, children, and adults with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Children and Families
- Adults and Families
- Enrichment Services
Through this range of lifetime services, Abilities United:
- Reduces and prevents developmental delays
- Supports families and caregivers
- Teaches community living skills
- Provides job placement and support
- Educates the community
- Creates community partnerships
- Enables people with developmental disabilities to continue to be valued members of the community