DATES: August 21 - 25, 2017
Main Camp offers a traditional camp program with small groups of campers sharing a cabin with their counselors. Campers sleep in bunk beds in our rustic cabins. Bathrooms, showers, the health center and all activities are all within a very short walk. General supervision ratio is three campers to one counselor with one-to-one supervision available as required at extra cost. Most meals are served family-style in our dining hall.
Campers are free to choose activities that interest them.
Session 7 has a few prerequisites. In order to be successful this session, campers must:
- Do well with a ratio of one counselor to five campers
- Complete daily living skills independently - however, at times they may require some prompts or reminders
- Be motivated to be at camp and willing to engage in activities with their peers
- Not exhibit significant behavioral challenges, particularly aggression of any kind
- Be 16 years of age or older - there is no upper age limit for this session
- Be excellent at listening and following directions
- Demonstrate appropriate behavior in community settings
- Be good at staying with a group and have no tendencies to wander
See website for fees.