AIP specializes in an intensive therapy known as applied behavior analysis (ABA). ABA based therapy focuses on increasing communication, social skills, and self-help/independent living skills. ABA therapy also focuses on decreasing maladaptive behaviors. ABA is the only treatment for autism spectrum disorders recommended by medical professionals and the surgeon general. AIP believes that services should be family focused and must always be provided by competent and well trained clinicians.
Services are provided in-home, community, and/or at school (depending on the funding source). ABA therapy is usually provided on a daily basis (M-F, occasionally on weekends). The number of hours will depend on the results of the assessment that will be conducted prior to providing intensive therapy.
AIP operates across three regions:
- North Bay/North Coast: Napa, Sonoma, Lake, Mendocino, and Humboldt counties
- East Bay: Alameda and Contra Costa counties
- Central Valley: Merced and Fresno counties
AIP currently works with the following insurance companies:
- Partnership HealthPlan of California
- Beacon Health Options
- Easter Seals Bay Area / Kaiser
- Magellan Health / Blue Shield of California
- Anthem Blue Cross