Achievekids provides special expertise in serving youth who exhibit severe behavioral challenges.
We provide support to parents and families through:
- Support groups
- Training and
We focus on diagnoses that include:
- Psychotic disorders
- Mental retardation
- Attention deficit disorders
Working with children ages 5-22, we provide education in special settings in Palo Alto and San Jose.
The two schools offer individualized educational programs in highly structured environments.
The program, taught by certified, committed instructors provides an interdisciplinary approach.
Students and staff work together to achieve specific individualized goals.
Areas of focus include:
- Social Skills
- Life skills
- Vocational Education
Many of the kids in our program are non-verbal.
We have discovered that this is sometimes the root of behavioral problems.
We work with speech therapists to help reduce the communication problem.
We use the latest in adaptive technology to move our students forward.
What types of programs and services does Achievekids provide?
- Outpatient counseling
- School-based mental health
- Non-public school for children in special education
We have seven classrooms in Palo Alto and eight in San Jose, including a special Kindergarten for Children with Autism.
In our non-public school, we serve children and young adults ages 5-22.
- Special education
- School based mental health
- Outpatient counseling (individual, family and group)
- Speech and language therapy
- Behavior modification
- Vocational development
- Community integration
- Transition services
- Psychiatric services (medication evaluation and support)
- Collaboration with other professionals and agencies (i.e., school districts, county mental health, and Regional Centers)