Abilities United is a not-for-profit organization for people with developmental (Down Syndrome, mental retardation, autism, and cerebral palsy) and other disabilities, who live in the Bay Area. Abilities United has been accredited by CARF, a national accreditation commission, since 1980.
Abilities United (formerly C.A.R. Community Association for Rehabilitation), offers services to infants, children, and adults with developmental disabilities and their families.
Abilities United’s services include:
- Early Intervention Services
- Milestones Preschool - currently enrolling for the upcoming school year.
- Respite Services
- Therapy Clinic is currently expanding and is accepting new clients in:
- - Social groups
- - Occupational Therapy
- - Speech Therapy
- - Physical Therapy
- After School Socialization
- Adult Day Activities
- Independent Living Services
- Employment Services
- Computer Cafe
- Swimming / Aquatics Services (Betty Wright Aquatic Centers).
Through this range of lifetime services, Abilities United:
- Reduces and prevents developmental delays
- Supports families and caregivers
- Teaches community living skills
- Provides job placement and support
- Educates the community
- Creates community partnerships
- Enables people with developmental disabilities to continue to be valued members of the community