The BFF Project provides an opportunity for people who are ready to increase their social pool or to have an opportunity to meet with others that enjoy the same things as them.
The best match is for those that may express loneliness, you observe loneliness, or they say would like to meet people to hang out with. Not sure? Visit and see if it might be a good fit.
Events are based on Person Centered Practices and are designed as an exploration of finding people with common interests and the discovery of who may share your interests.
- Bring people together around the many interests of those attending through "interest stations" identified by the attendees
- Allow participants to meet a variety of people (while parents or supporters are present if unable to be left home alone) but not active in the process.
- Following the event, they may have someone to chat with, email, have over for fun, or get together in the community, if they wish (this sometimes takes several visits first).
- This is a unique and customized model driven by the expressed interests of the participants.
- Presents the opportunity for individuals to have unpaind people in their lives.
- Create social networks through sharing similar interests and by doing so, the other families develop interest and caring for the individual.
- Provides, what I believe, is the best "Social Security" one can find, friends.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Currently, there is no fee to attend, thanks to Journey of Choice, Inc., Autism Speaks and the CARE Autism Foundation.